Check out our Free River users guide 2020 with information on how to get the most out of your time on the River Tees – for all users. Download
Facts about the River Tees you may not know:
- The Tees travels 137km from source to sea.
- The port at Teesmouth (Teesport) is the third largest port in the UK.
- The Tees has one of only three barrages in the UK
- Seals, Kingfishers and Herons are often seen on the Tees.
- The most famous bridge on the Tees is the Transporter Bridge. It is the only bridge in the UK where bungee jumping is allowed.
- The Infinity Bridge in Stockton, together with its reflection looks like the infinity symbol
If you are a river user of any kind, please download our River User’s Guide to the River Tees.